Aesthetica Magazine is searching for new and emerging filmmakers who are driving the genre of short film forwards with their 2010 International Short Film Competition. The competition is open to any and all film makers, regardless of experience, and accepts all short films: drama, documentary, music video, satire, comedy and artists’ film.Entry is £15, very reasonable given the prize and potential exposure, with winners receiving screenings at a variety of UK Film Festivals in 2010 and cash prize money.
- £500 first prize.
- Screenings of your film at: The National Media Museum (Bradford), Rushes Soho Shorts Film Festival (London), Glasgow Film Festival and on the Aesthetica website.
- 12 months membership with Shooting People.
- Collection of film books from Wallflower Press.
- Inclusion on a DVD that will go to all Aesthetica readers.
Runner-up & Finalists
- £250 for the runner-up.
- The runner-up and finalists will be included on a DVD that will go to all Aesthetica readers.
The deadline for submissions is 30 April 2010. All winners will be notified by 31 May 2010 and the DVD will be released 1 August 2010. To enter and for further information, visit the Aesthetica website.