We’ve been doing a little tinkering over the past month and spruced Artsphere up a little – it was well overdue, and we’re pleased to bring some much needed enhancements and improvements to the site. We didn’t want to wait any longer to bring these improvements to you, so we’d ask you to ‘mind the paint’, there’s likely to be a few aspects of the improved site that aren’t quite dry, if you know what we mean.
So, what’s new, you ask? Well, here’s a breakdown of the exciting stuff:
Extended Profiles, Improved Privacy & Media Uploads
- We’ve added further fields to the profiles, allowing you to share more details about your skills and experience. We’ve also added more categories and skills to help potential employers and collaborators more easily identify you through your specialisms and abilities.
- We’ve added privacy options to many profile fields, as well as improved privacy for profile activity and status updates – decide who sees your information.
- You can now upload your media to your profile! Add images, video and audio and organise them into albums. Create your portfolio and share with your followers and other site users. Naturally, the new media uploads include the new privacy options too.
- Follow users
Improved Jobs Board
- We’ve reworked the jobs board, and it’s now fully integrated with your profile, so you can add and manage your job posts and opportunities directly from your profile.
- ‘Company’ / recruiter information is persistent, so no more having to type in your company details every time any more.
- Social Networks – job posts are publicised through all our social network feeds, increasing the exposure of your posted opportunities.
- Coming soon – tag jobs with relevant keywords to help reach the most relevant people.
- Coming soon – receive and manage job applications directly via your jobs dashboard on Artsphere.
For Job Searchers:
- Improved job search makes it easier to find relevant job opportunities.
- Follow us via our social networks and find out about opportunities as soon as they’re added.
- Coming soon – set up personalised email job alerts based on your individual searches.
- Coming soon – apply for jobs directly via Artsphere.
Great New Events Diary
- Add your events to the Artsphere events diary to promote your events to site users and visitors.
- Manage events directly from your profile.
- Add detailed HTML information about your event, including logos and images.
- Venues – new location profiles mean you can add detailed location information for your venue, and attach your location profile to your complete catalogue of events.
- Recurring events – want to publicise your regular weekly event? Create it once with new recurring events.
- Social Networks – the events diary is publicised through all our social networks, increasing exposure for your events.
- Coming soon – ticketing and booking options directly via Artsphere.
More Than Just A Facelift
We’ve worked hard to give the site a more modern feel, and we hope you’ll agree the site looks great! However, it’s more than just a visual facelift – the site is now fully responsive, meaning no matter what device you’re viewing it on, it will look great and display your profile appropriately for the viewer’s device. Neat, huh! we’re also working on an ‘app’ version of the site that we hope will be perfect for smartphone users – it’s a big task, but very exciting… we’ll keep you posted on that!
So, in the coming weeks, we hope you’ll get stuck in using the site and making the most of the tools to promote you / your creative work / your organisation, and as you go, if you get a little paint on your fingers, bear with us while we continue to add a few more finishing touches.
We’d love to know what you think of the new site, so please do leave us a comment, or if you have any suggestions for further improvements we’d love to hear them.