PANDA Spotlight On Working Internationally
in partnership with Brewery Arts Centre
Date: Thursday 2nd September 2010, 2.00pm – 5.00pm
Venue: Brewery Arts Centre, 122A Highgate, Kendal, Cumbria LA9 4HE
Finding, planning and funding performing arts work and tours abroad.
Performing Arts Network and Development Agency (PANDA) have teamed up with our regional partner Brewery Arts Centre to deliver this free panel event, open to anyone working in the performing arts in the North West who wants to find out more about working internationally.
Join us at the Brewery Arts Centre in Kendal on Thursday 2nd September 2010 as our panel of guest speakers explain how you can find work abroad, run through the practicalities of organising an international visit or tour, and provide advice for maximising the opportunities generated by taking your performing arts work to other countries.
• Routes to working internationally – how to find opportunities abroad, where to get your work seen by international programmers, exchanges and collaborations with international artists.
• Festivals as an international platform – key events in the calendar, tips for applying, how to make the most of your trip.
• Funding for international work – what is available in the changing climate, making the best case for support.
• The practicalities – preparation, timeframes, realistic budgeting, production management and logistics, visas, insurance, language and terminology, contracts, when to pass up an offer.
• Building on international work – maximising the opportunity, making contacts and developing relationships, the role of tour bookers and producers.
To book a place at Spotlight On Working Internationally contact Rachel Morton on 0161 274 0626 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.