PANDA Spotlight On Opportunities in Film for Performing Arts Practitioners, in partnership with Chester Performs
Date: Thursday 3rd June 2010, 3.00pm – 6.00pm
Venue: Grosvenor Museum, 25-27 Grosvenor Street, Chester, CH1 2DD
WHY AND HOW TO MAKE THE TRANSITION FROM STAGE TO SCREEN.
Performing Arts Network and Development Agency (PANDA) have teamed up with our regional partner Chester Performs to deliver this free panel event, open to anyone working in the performing arts in the North West who is interested in getting involved with film.
Spotlight On Opportunities in Film for Performing Arts Practitioners is part of Chester Performs’ Screen Deva film and digital media festival; ten days of film screenings, digital media events, interactive artworks and participatory activity from Friday 28th May to Sunday 6th June 2010.
Join us at the Grosvenor Museum in Chester on Thursday 3rd June 2010 as our panel of guest speakers explain how you can use film to enhance your performing arts practice and give their expert advice on how to make the transition from stage to screen-based work.
• Why consider film – an overview of the industry and specific benefits of the sector including funding, support, unique attributes of the artform and region-specific opportunities.
• Opportunities for performing arts practitioners – entry points for performance makers, writers, directors and producers and practical considerations including getting paid, submitting and pitching work and recruiting a team.
• Using film in your performing arts practice – adding moving image to theatre and dance works, creating installations, recording the creative process, enhancing engagement with your audience.
• Getting started in filmmaking – how to convert existing creative work made for stage into film, considerations when creating new work for screen and differences in working methods.
• A representative from the Film department at North West Vision and Media, which works on behalf of the digital and creative industries to grow a world-class digital and creative economy within the region.
• One of the Co-writers and directors of Tomfoolery Pictures, a film production company and one of the commissioned artists from the Screen Deva programme.
• Beth McCann, Northern Film Network Co-ordinator and scriptwriting consultant.
• Plus more to be announced…
The panel discussion will run from 3.00pm till 5.00pm and will be followed by an informal networking session from 5.00pm till 6.00pm, where you can stay and chat with the guest speakers and make those important connections with people involved in filmmaking.
We also have an exclusive offer for all participants to attend one of the events in the evening’s Screen Deva programme – a screening of French film, Entre le Murs (The Class). Tickets for this show are available for a special discounted price of just £3! Details of how to access this special offer will be sent out when you book your place at Spotlight On Opportunities in Film for Performing Arts Practitioners.
BOOK YOUR PLACE:
To book a place at Spotlight On Opportunities in Film for Performing Arts Practitioners contact Rachel Morton on 0161 274 0626 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information at http://www.panda-arts.org.uk/spotlightonfilm