Date: Thursday 3rd June 2010, 3.00pm – 6.00pm
Venue: Grosvenor Museum, 25-27 Grosvenor Street, Chester, CH1 2DD (map and directions: http://bit.ly/azP9cu)
Why and how to make the transition from stage to screen.
Performing Arts Network and Development Agency (PANDA) have teamed up with our regional partner Chester Performs to deliver this free panel event, open to anyone working in the performing arts in the North West who is interested in getting involved with film.
Spotlight On Opportunities in Film for Performing Arts Practitioners is part of Chester Performs’ Screen Deva film and digital media festival; ten days of film screenings, digital media events, interactive artworks and participatory activity from Friday 28th May to Sunday 6th June 2010.
Join us at the Grosvenor Museum in Chester on Thursday 3rd June 2010 as our panel of guest speakers explain how you can use film to enhance your performing arts practice and give their expert advice on how to make the transition from stage to screen-based work.
• Chair, Pauline Brooks, a senior lecturer and researcher in dance and screen dance at Liverpool John Moores, having worked extensively in the UK and overseas as a dancer, choreographer and teacher.
• Tara Cook, Head of Film at Vision+Media, with an established career in film production, having collaborated on features such as Nil By Mouth, American Beauty, Lost In Space and Elizabeth.
• Beth McCann, a scriptwriting lecturer and consultant, runs primarycreations, a grassroots scriptwriting training initiative, is Co-Director of Not Part Of Festival and was Co-ordinator at Northern Film Network.
• Owen Williams, co-writer and director, alongside Adam Wright, of film production company Tomfoolery Pictures, one of the commissioned artists from the Screen Deva programme.
• Chris Lane, an independent film producer and creative entrepreneur who initiated and runs a website on behalf of the North West New Wave, a creative and social movement in the North West of England.
The panel discussion will run from 3.00pm till 5.00pm and will be followed by an informal networking session from 5.00pm till 6.00pm, where you can stay and chat with the guest speakers and make those important connections with people involved in filmmaking.
We also have an exclusive offer for all participants to attend one of the events in the evening’s Screen Deva programme – a screening of French film, Entre le Murs (The Class). Tickets for this show are available for a special discounted price of just £3! Details of how to access this special offer will be sent out when you book your place at Spotlight On Opportunities in Film for Performing Arts Practitioners.
To book a place at Spotlight On Opportunities in Film for Performing Arts Practitioners contact Rachel Morton on 0161 274 0626 or email email@example.com.