Celebrating Surrey is a large-scale outdoor festival celebrating the best of the county’s music, art, community, performance, food and drink and takes place from 26 – 27 June 2010 at Loseley Park, near Guildford.
The event has something for all the family, including live acts, art workshops and places to simply sit, enjoy the surroundings of a stately home and sample some of the county’s finest food and drink.
From singing to storytelling, the festival has plenty to keep children and young people entertained. Visitors will experience:
- Giant insect puppets parading at The Butterfly Ball.
- A live iron pour and the chance to create your own sculpture moulds.
- The best of local classical music and choirs to rock bands and DJs.
- Diverse performances including Bollywood, contemporary and integrated dance from StopGap.
- The chance to dress up in style with Surrey Arts Wardrobe.
- A display of circus skills and acrobatics from young people.
- A variety of delicious food and drink including local produce from the Surrey Hills.
- Opportunities to make your own artwork, and climb inside works of art.
- Local tales of Loseley and the Surrey Hills from storytellers and promenade performance.
Look out for Surrey’s Got Talent, the county’s very own talent show for its brightest stars. Details coming soon on our website.
Book before the end of January 2010 and take advantage of our early bird discounts:
Early bird rates
Weekend tickets (Saturday and Sunday)
To book tickets please visit www.surreycc.gov.uk/celebratingsurrey or call 01483 444334.
Surrey County Council is working in partnership with district and borough councils, artists and communities.
Join our group on Facebook, search for us under Celebrating Surrey.